• Put vinegar on it - you can’t treat an acid with an acid.
• Steam clean your carpet – doing so will spread the urine throughout your carpet and you'll have an even bigger problem dealing with the odour.
• Rub the carpet with a cloth. Rubbing your carpet will damage the carpet fibre.
• Put anything else on it, as you may set the stain permanently and discolour your carpet.
• Attend to the urine as soon as possible.
• Pour a cup of cold water on the urine. This will dilute the urine and its acidity will be reduced - making it far less likely to damage the carpet fibres.
• Place a clean white doubled-over towel on top and let the towel soak up the water and urine.
• Have all stains treated before any carpet cleaning is carried out.
• Call us to deal with what is left. This will save you money!
To find out more about our services, or to book a free consultation please contact us today!